Timeless Style Updated for the 21st Century
Over a dozen new innovations, such as 4th-generation noiseless pickups and high-mass, full-sustain saddles, conspire to make the American Elite Stratocaster one of the best modern Strats for the money. The classic tone cocktail of an alder body and maple neck provides the same punch, bite, and twang that helped build Fender's empire, but the expanded 10-way S-1 pickup switching system and onboard Shawbucker humbucker with Passing Lane boost will give even veteran Strat players reason to upgrade. Fender's tremolo system is also better than ever on the American Elite, with a smoother response and a copper-infused bridge plate to help fight tuning slippage.
Fender Stratocaster: the look and sound of rock 'n' roll
From psychedelia and surf rock to punk rock and metal, the Fender Stratocaster has helped shape the sound of rock 'n' roll for the past 60 years. The Fender American Elite carries on that tradition today with the classic build players love — a comfortable, lightweight alder body and fast maple neck for superior tone and playability — with over a dozen new innovations to continue to inspire great music for the next generation.
Versatile tonal options
Sweetwater Fender fanatics are impressed with the arsenal of tones found in this Strat. The 4th-generation noiseless single-coil pickups give the American Elite a classic Strat sound without the normal hum and buzz. And for a gutsier tone, the onboard Shawbucker bridge humbucker, created by Fender pickup guru Tim Shaw, delivers vintage-inspired heft and thickness. The American Elite's S-1 switching gives you 10 total pickup options — which include running all three pickups in series — with the push of a button. And when you need a boost, a Passing Lane button near the tone pot connects the Shawbucker directly to the output jack for mind-melting leads.
No-slip tremolo bridge adds texture to chords and leads
The quintessential Fender tremolo is now even better. The American Elite moves from shimmery chords to distinct vibrato and beyond with a natural response that won't strain your hand. You can dive-bomb confidently thanks to a set of locking tuners on one end and a high-mass, copper-infused bridge plate on the other to help fight tuning slippage.
Fender American Elite Stratocaster HSS Shawbucker Features:
- Fender noiseless single-coil pickups (4th generation) in neck and middle positions
- Shawbucker bridge humbucker delivers vintage-styled beefiness
- S-1 switching provides 10 pickup options for exciting new tones
- Passing Lane button bypasses tone and volume pots for controlled chaos
- Select alder body for light weight and a punchy, balanced sound
- C-shaped compound maple neck with a fast satin finish and heel contour
- Ebony fretboard provides a clear tone and quick response
- Tremolo bridge adds texture to chords and leads
- High-mass saddles for added chime and sustain
- Locking tuners for tuning stability and quick string changes
- Includes strap locks, pop-in trem arm, and adjustment wrenches